1966 Hipo Fuel Pump

• Sold for <b>????.??</b>

BuyItNow set at <b>$900.00</b><BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>1966 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 HiPo Hi Po 289 Special K code 4201 dual spring fuel pump, button top Carter CARbureTER NOS rebuilt fuel pump. Very nice solid piece. The check valves are tight and the action of the level arm sucks like it should. Both the K codes and Shelby GT350 came with the CARbureTER Carter fuel pumps. This was the original equipment style. Complete your period correct restoration with the right fuel pump. This pump has the look and performance for your K code or Shelby GT350 as it came with from the factory. The dual spring was designed into these pumps to keep the lever arm from floating at high RPM and keep the pump a pumping fuel. I will except Paypal with the Buy-It-Now price. Otherwise, I would prefer a MO. If the pump is not as I described, I will refund your purchase price once returned. Sold "as is". Buy to pay shipping, approximately $16 with insurance. Please ask questions before bidding. Thank you.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

link

[Blocked Image: http://i4.ebayimg.com/01/i/001/0c/6d/080b_1.JPG]

• I noticed the stamping as well, Charles. None of the pumps that I am rebuilding have the numbers out of line and poorly spaced. The numeral one should be straight without the seriffs on it.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• It would be more credible if he showed a shot of the dimple for the second spring in the top of the arm. I agree on the stamping of the numbers; haven't ever seen any out of algnment. It's unlikely Carter had someone stamping individual numbers on fuel pumps one number at a time.

• Charles, All of the pumps are at the rebuilders being disassembled and when I get them back for the cleaning and plating, I will send you a picture to post.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Shouldn't the stamp read 4201S?

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

That's what I was thinking too...

• Merlyn, It should have the "S" suffix however a fair number of these pumps are stamped so lightly that numbers and letters in the front and rear sometimes do not show. However this pump does appear to be a restamp and not well done. Dave is correct about the dimple on the arm for the second spring. This pump appears to have the later outer spring retainer setup that has a seperate plate that goes over the pivot pin and does not need the dimple in the arm for the spring. This is not the correct setup for this pump.

-Fred-

65 Ranchero 289 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!