Reproduction Hipo Exhaust Manifolds

• Official Post

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/289…sspagenameZWDVW

These are different than any other reproduction Hipo exhaust manifolds that I have seen. Note the lettering style and angle.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Has anybody had any spark plug clearance issues with these aftermarket manifolds? I had to grind clearance at #1 and #2 to receive thin wall plug socket.

• Official Post

Yes, these are very wavy in the casting but I was more noticing the difference in the lettering. As far as spark plug socket clearance, I have had problems on the right side manifolds with originals. I found that I would install them by just letting them hang on the bolts to the head before tightening them. This caused some of the casting flash to be too close for the spark plug socket. I figured out that by holding the manifold in its highest position on the head while tightening the bolts, solved the problem. This may work with reproduction ones as well.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• On at least some reproduction manifolds, some grinding is needed to gain clearance for a spark plug socket. It can be close of the originals as well, but I have never had a problem if the original is tightened in a position for maximum clearance from the socket. There is only a little room for adjustment, but it is enough to make the difference between just bearing enough clearance and enough clearance.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!