5 bolt engine's used till when?

• Bob Mannel's book states in section A, 2-5 that the 5-bolt engine was used thur 1964 production.Can anyone tell me what is the latest production date known on a hi-po mustang that uses the 5-bolt engine? Tony Gregory's book fourth edition page 6 shows only one number for the hi-po 6 bolt block,which is; C5AE-6015-A,-E (after August 1964). So i assume all 1965, 66, and 67 hi-po mustang's have to have this number, plus they are all 6- bolt engine's.Where thier any early 65's with the 5 bolt engine?

• If this is actually the Bob Mannel that wrote Mustang & Ford small block V8 1962-1969, i have to congradulate you on the best book on the subject that i have ever seen! The knowledge i have gained on these small blocks, in just the three weeks that i have owned the book is incredible! I never knew that the 221-260 was a completly different block than the 289. Or for them to go back to the hot water carb spacer on the commet, falcon V8's cause thier was no room for the air cleaner with the heating duct. This tells me that ford really thought this was important. Or how to tell if you are looking at a 302 instead of a 289. You could go on and on. Anyway with thier being only one correct number, for the 6 bolt 65, 66, and 67 hi-po blocks ,they must have made alot of this particular numbered 6 bolt block to cover three years. Because Tony Gregory's book fourth edition page 6 lists four numbers used to cover 63-64, 5 bolt blocks, you would think they made more 5 bolt blocks, than 6 bolt blocks? Anyway thank's for a great book . Domenic R.Mamone

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!