Did 64.5 Ks have Gererator Shields?

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

It's been a long standing judging rule that 64.5 K codes didn't have the metal shield. If there is evidence to prove contrary, we need to know about it and get the rule changed.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote> The only one i have seen is the picture in Bob Mannels book page 4J1. the generator on my june 64 k coupe was long gone prior to me owning the car.

• According to an old Ford MPC, Ford made no distinction about the metal shield and specific engines. Ford listed the "260,289". The only restriction was that the shield was not used with extra cooling (X/C) and A/C. The reason for this restriction is that X/C and A/C used two belts over the generator pulley, and running an inner belt was not compatible with the shield. So, technically, any "260,289" except with X/C and A/C could get the shield (including the HiPo). Ford also listed the rubber boot for the "260,289", without any restrictions.

Having said all that, I check what few pictures I have of original 1964 Fairlane K-codes and they all had the rubber boot, including a 4F16 assembled engine which was very original. So, I would suggest that until a confirmed case is found, use the rubber boot.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!