Radial tires on a 67

• This is interesting.....I didn't think Radial tires were invented until sometime in the early-mid 70s....I remember my Grandfather buying a set of private label Radials to replace the factory bias ply tires that came on his '70 Maverick sometime in 1972 and being told that they were the newest thing in tires......I think the '73 Mustangs came with Radials.....what aspect ratio does your sheet show? 75 series most likely......but again I am not totally convinced that a 1967 Mustang came from the factory with Radials.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Radials were available on Mustangs starting sometime during 1966 production.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Not that I care but then why are radials deducted for in trailered? Is it because they are P-metric?

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Radials were available on Mustangs starting sometime during 1966 production.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Charles,

Any idea what brand, etc. as Jim asks...on a '66 or a '67 like Jim's?

Not that I care but then why are radials deducted for in trailered? Is it because they are P-metric?

The MCA rules clearly state that late '66 may have radials and that "P-metric" are not allowed.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!