65-65 K production Breakdown

• Since there are no Marti reports for 65-66.Does anyone know the breakdown for the K's in these years, Coups, Fastbacks, Verts ?

1965 – 7,273 of the 680,989 of the Mustangs built (1.0%)

1966 – 5,469 of the 607,568 of the Mustangs built (0.9%)

1967 – 489 of the 472,121 of the Mustangs built (0.1%)

3 Year Total = 13,214 of the 1,760,678 Mustangs produced (.75% less than 1.0%)

Edited by - SixT5HiPo on 01/15/2010 00:54:27

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

So of the 7273 K Cars produced in 1965. There is no documentation on how many fastbacks ?

Anywhere ?

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

No reliable figures known at this point, sorry.

• I wonder if Ford distroyed these documents.

I guess Kevin Marti would have bought the rights to these if they were available.

Well I guess my 65 K Fastback is Priceless.....

LOL

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Has anyone ever seen or heard of a further breakdown of the 65 year model K code cars? i.e. How many 64.5 Ks were produced?

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

<font face='Comic Sans MS'>I know of no such breakdown relative to the number of '64-1/2' cars produced. I think as far as Ford was concerned, from April 17 thu to the start of the 66 models year, all of the first production run were '65 models. I believe we rabid Mustangers are the ones who coined the 64 1/2 identifier for those early cars that had generators. I expect from Fords point of view, going to an alternator (and other mechanical improvements) was simply a running engineering change.</font id='Comic Sans MS'>

[Blocked Image: http://s4.tinypic.com/30w2jyw_th.jpg]

I believe we rabid Mustangers are the ones who coined the 64 1/2 identifier for those early cars that had generators. I expect from Fords point of view, going to an alternator (and other mechanical improvements) was simply a running engineering change.

I've heard that the 64 1/2 term got started by Ford Parts Managers once they realized just about everything was different between a generator and alternator car.

• Other than the special Indy 500 Pace car K-codes, the earliest regular production K kar date i've seen is June 8' 64.

With the 65 model year/alternator cars beginning in early August that makes for a "production year" that was all of about 7 weeks long.

just knowing that you can imagine how few 64 1/2 K kars were ordered & produced.

Other than the special Indy 500 Pace car K-codes...

Those cars were built on the assembly line as F code 260 convertibles.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!