• I was cleaning out the attic and found a fuel pump and was hoping one of you knowledgeable guys could tell me what it might from. Information is as follows:

CARbureTER with large X

not a button top

screwed together style (upper portion to lower portion)

stamp on flange 3908S, other side F-6 (I think)

filter screws on

Any help, thanks

Mark

• Mark, I went through all of my Ford master parts catalogs on this. The good news is that I did finally find the application. The bad news is that I found it in my 64-72 Ford truck master catalog. It has many truck applications from 64-67 and they are all 330 M/D, 330 H/D, 361 and 391 engines.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Mark,

The pump body will fit any Ford engine - it is the arm that is different.There is a good thread on this - you might try searching the archives.

I have a simialr pump - don't remember the number off hand - but was originally from a big block FoMoCo. It is now restored and will go back on my k code.

This was on my HiPo when purchased in 1979 and had a Ford "Reman" sticker on it. While not correct for my April '65 K code - it is way better than other pumps until I can afford a rebuilt one from Fred (if he still has any by then).

There are several outfits that sell rebuild kits for these pumps and there is a place outside Boston that rebuilds pumps - he might have the correct arm for using this body on a small block Ford. I got my rebuild kit from him.

FUEL PUMP RESTORATION

http://www.then-now.com

(781) 335-8860

Boston, Mass.

Let me know if you want the number for the small block arm or a photo of what my pump looks like.

I hope this helps.

Ralph

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!