Fuel pump question

• This is not a K code question, rather a Mustang question (I think).

A member of our local mustang club called and said he had an old button top pump but he was not sure of the application. I tried to explain where to look for numbers but I don't think we were communicating. At any rate he mentioned the following numbers and letters:0-1719 with a larger 4 below. He also mentioned 18L4A and 39S. I know this is not much to go on but can someone help this fellow Mustanger. Thanks, Quentin

• Quentin,

The "0-1719" is the casting number for the upper body, doesn't mean much since it is the same for all pumps with this upper style casting.

The "39S" is very significant since a 65 HiPo pump has the Carter part number 3939S stamped on the side of the mounting flange. Does the pump have the lower spring under the arm?

"18L4A" is the date code which is Nov. 18, 1964. Without looking at Bob Mannel's book, IIRC the "A" is a shift code (i.e. 1st shift).

This very well could be a 65 K-code pump.

Dave

Dave
    6S1757

• Quentin, I have seen quite a few of these pumps as everone on this forum probably already knows. If he looks closer at the 39S number he will probably find an 11 between the 39 and the S. I have seen several of them with the 11 sqeezed in and they are not always easy to make out. If it is a 3911-S, which it probably is, then it is a standard 289 pump which is correct for his car.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!