• I working on a 1970 Boss 302 engine that was installed in a Maverick. The enginge mounts used have a part # of D3DA-6038-AB on one side of the mount and AU-22 on the other side. Can someone with a Ford master parts catalog tell me what cars these mounts were used on. They are both broken and need replacement.

• Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but all small block motor mounts AFTER early 1966 are the same - at least the metal/rubber mount between the frame and block.

I put a '92 EFI 302 in a '66 'stang with no trouble - bolted right up using stock mounts (except for the poor quality to the mounts Made in INDIA! - took a little pounding to get the bends flat in the bolt areas near the block!)

You might want to look at the adjustable mounts many aftermarket suppliers now have if you are having trouble.

You should be able to get regular Maverick small block mounts at any parts store.

Edited by - RalphJr on 10/23/2008 16:59:37

• There is a difference between convertible and non convertible mounts but that should not be a problem here.

As stated the Mavrick mount mounts will work just fine for this application

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but all small block motor mounts AFTER early 1966 are the same - at least the metal/rubber mount between the frame and block.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Not quite. Ford used a different engine mounting pattern in 1967 for small block V8 engines that will not work in any other year. The brackets have a different angle to them and the insulators have the same matching different angle.

Jim

• I wouldn't have thought that a BOSS 302 (or 351C) would fit into a Maverick without modifying the shock towers.....I do know that stock Maverick mounts will work though for 351Ws

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!