• I found the original build sheet for a 67 I am restoring, it was taped to the instrument harness(Edison build car). On the sheet under spring front and spring rear there are color abbreviations. Do these indicate the color daub/stripe on that part? Under front spring is YELGRN and under rear spring is ORG WT.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Here is a pic from the build sheet. Thanks Scott

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

If some can tell me how to upload pics to a post then I have a great pic of a COMPLETE and readable build sheet for a 7T02K to share with all...

The front spring reads: YELVIOL

rear spring reads: ORGPN

• Hi, I use Photobucket.com as a hosting site, its free and you just need to create an account with user name and password. You just upload your pics to your album there and you can have the site generate a link to the pics, you just cut and paste the link for each pic into your post and viola its here for everyone to see. Scott

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

I found the original build sheet for a 67 I am restoring, it was taped to the instrument harness(Edison build car).<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Scott - what is an Edison built car?

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>On the sheet under spring front and spring rear there are color abbreviations. Do these indicate the color daub/stripe on that part?

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:

Depends (often) when and where the car was assemblied. Provide that and we can look at others from that plant and time to get an answer

<div class="bbcode_quote">
    <div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
    Under front spring is YELGRN and under rear spring is ORG WT.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

As you "compare" be very careful IMHO remember that differences in options, equipment, body style and trans can mean different marks and colors
    </div>
    </div>
    </div>

Edison assembly - known as Metuchen til 1980. I can remember how to spell Edison much easier.

I just use "NJ" lots easier.

So you found a build sheet taped to a wiring harness in a 67 - would be my guess since this was typical for that plant into 68.

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Do these indicate the color daub/stripe on that part? Under front spring is YELGRN and under rear spring is ORG WT<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

For that year and plant I would expect approx 1/2" stripes only on the short leaf ... behind where the rear end housing sits

Build sheet indicates 1 yellow & 1 green stripe on front spring (applied when the spring was out and upside down from how it was installed. Rear spring would be 1 orange & 1 white stripe.

What can you tell us about the car? Eng, trans, PS? AC? body style?

It all helps

• OK, here is most of the info I know:

Vin 7T02S242621

car is loaded, a/c, pdb, ps, deluxe int. with floor and roof console, GTA, of course 390 AT, hd suspension, am/fm, styled steel wheels, fold down rear seat, tilt wheel, simulated wood wheel, lime gold with 2 tone ivy gold int.

Latest date I have found on any of the parts so far is Apr. 21, 1967

Thats about all I can think of, any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks Scott

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!