Driveshaft markings

• With reference to paint markings on the driveshaft another note on the drawing points towards the rear of the tube near the differential U joint "after balancing daub with yellow paint the light side of balance condition" Of all the other color combinations of stripes mentioned/shown in my opionion it is apparent that a single green stripe somewhere along the tube & a single yellow stripe near the differential joint is a possible scenario. Since these notes are on the product engineering drawing these identification markings would most likely have been added during the manuafacturing process of the driveshaft. I suppose other identification markings could have been added during vehicle assembly.

• This is an old topic, but wanted to add what I found on my drive shaft today. I purchased the car from the original owner so it has a lot of the original markings, but unfortunately hard to see.

First stripe is yellow located approximately 3" from the end of shaft. The stripe is 3/4" wide.

Second stripe is 7 3/4" from the end of the shaft and approximately 1/2 inch wide. Cannot make out what the color is, but probably green.

Additionally pics of trans and various markings.

The car is a Metuchen built - June 1965

Ron

http://s248.photobucket.com/albums/gg189/rb_b/

• This supports the Ford engineering drawings that were posted earlier listing green and "vert" as the colors. The vert reference in the Ford plans may well have been a fall green bordering on yellow. Thanks for posting. If you can, please share with us other markings you find on the car during your work i.e. frame rails, radiator support, differential. Thanks.

Edited by - round2K on 05/21/2008 08:32:41

• Thanks for the info. Doesn't help my quest to verify a 66 Dearborn kar. Hard to see any color in either of the stripes. One thing for sure is it doesn't match what is listed in the book. 2 purple/1 pink doesn't appear to be what anyone else has found on their kar...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!