rally pac questions

• Would like to find out the diff. about the early 65 rally pacs. i have seen three differant ones. I have been told that the ones that say ford on them were over the counter and the ones that say mustang on them are factory. But my question is about the hoods on them? i have seen the more common black krikle type and then there is the chrome type hood. when did the factory use the chrome hooded ones. Can anybody out there help me on this one.

Edited by - 10k64 on 04/17/2007 20:49:44

• The '65 Rally Pac hoods were never completely chrome from the factory - they were partially painted with the black krinkle paint on the outside just like the body and chrome on the inside.

The eyebrows are a full chrome part and many guys like the chrome look - so when they restore them they do not repaint them.

I'm not sure on the factory "Mustang" verses "Ford" in the Tach or the "Rally Pac" verses blank in the center. I have an original '65 high profile "Ford" 8 grand tach with a blank center and will restore it that way - pulled it off a '66 Coupe - so it was probably dealer installed if this helps.

I also have a picture of a NOS '65 Rally Pac that a vendor had for sale a few years ago - I'll try to pust it tonight.

• I have an NOS C5ZZ 10B960C 8K Rally Pack still in the Ford box. This is definitely a dealer installed version and it has FORD on the tach and a blank plate between the tach and clock. This should help determine with certainty which were factory versus dealer installed versions.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• Hi, the rally pac that i have has not been restored and it has chromed hoods on it. Maybe a factory error?? or maybe someone removed the paint years ago. I have no idea.

• Cosemtically they look very nice - and very close to the original - however the clock movement doesn't "click' like the originals and the tach requires a connection directly to the coil unlike the originals I'm told.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!