CORRECT RALLY PAC?

• Hello all,

I have a R.red 1965 GT K code fastback with black pony interior. Scheduled build date of 6/1/65. It has the eye brow style 8,000 rpm rally pac. Does not say "RALLY PAC" across the top. From what I understand this is a factory installed rally pac. If it says "RALLY PAC" across the top it is dealer installed. Regardless,I think this style is wrong for my car. I think the correct style for my K would be the low profile type with the center mounted indicator needle on the tach and the clock. Is it possible this K came with the existing rally pac? Thanks, Ed

• Thanks Charles, I will look into that further. How about the style? Always thought the early eye brow style was for Falcon type bezels and the low profile was for the 5 guage bezel. Did Ford put the eye brow style (high profile?) on 65 pony interior cars?

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Hello all,

I have a R.red 1965 GT K code fastback with black pony interior. Scheduled build date of 6/1/65. It has the eye brow style 8,000 rpm rally pac. Does not say "RALLY PAC" across the top. From what I understand this is a factory installed rally pac. If it says "RALLY PAC" across the top it is dealer installed. Regardless,I think this style is wrong for my car. I think the correct style for my K would be the low profile type with the center mounted indicator needle on the tach and the clock. Is it possible this K came with the existing rally pac? Thanks, Ed

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Hi Ed.

I too have a 65 GT K code with the same exterior colour and pony interior. I have the build sheet or window sticker (whatever it's called) which shows a factory fitted Rally Pac. Mine is a low profile and it doesn't say Rally Pac on it and doesn't have the eye brow either. I don't know if it was ever replaced, but that's what mine has. I hope this helps.

Regards,

René

Edited by - rene.pilat on 05/21/2008 16:55:28

• Hi Rene, Thought all high profile pacs had eye brows. Do you have a picture of yours? Thanks, Ed

Hello all,

[/quote]

Hi Ed.

I too have a 65 GT K code with the same exterior colour and pony interior. I have the build sheet or window sticker (whatever it's called) which shows a factory fitted Rally Pac. Mine is not low profile and it doesn't say Rally Pac on it and doesn't have the eye brow either. I don't know if it was ever replaced, but that's what mine has. I hope this helps.

Regards,

René

[/quote]

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Hi Rene, Thought all high profile pacs had eye brows. Do you have a picture of yours? Thanks, Ed

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Hi Ed.

I haven't got a pic but I can get one and email it to you, as I don't know how to post pics on this site. PM me your email address and I'll send it to you.

Regards,

René

• Take the tachometer out of the housing and see if there is a date stamped on it. It may tell you if it came on the car near its production date.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!