Henry Ford II Mustang

• Many of you may have read the blurb on Henry Ford II special Mustang with power disc brakes, etc. It is mentioned on page 146 of the NPD catalog and has been carried in some of the periodicals. I am curious if anyone has more detailed photos on this special car, in particular the "factory" mods.

Thanks,

Will

PS Thanks Merlyn for your email!

• I have personally seen this car, and also Lee Iacocca's red fastback, as they have been in the Detroit area for a long time. Unfortunately, it was thirty years ago, and I didn't have a camera with me when I inspected either one of them. They both had real leather seats (instead of vinyl) and options that were never offered on '65-66 Mustangs (like Cruise Control, leather seats, etc., etc.).

regards,

Jeff

• Mustang Monthly did an article on that car. It wasn't to long ago that they did it. I will have to go through my magizine collection again and I will give you the specific issue that it is in.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

I have personally seen this car, and also Lee Iacocca's red fastback, as they have been in the Detroit area for a long time. Unfortunately, it was thirty years ago, and I didn't have a camera with me when I inspected either one of them. They both had real leather seats (instead of vinyl) and options that were never offered on '65-66 Mustangs (like Cruise Control, leather seats, etc., etc.).

regards,

Jeff

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Iacocca's is still sitting in my cousin's garage as I type this. Not sure what he's going to do with it. Needs a fresh restoration, as the one that was completed by my uncle 30+ years ago is tired.

I believe Mustang Monthly contacted him about a follow up article to the one they did 20 years ago.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

I have personally seen this car, and also Lee Iacocca's red fastback, as they have been in the Detroit area for a long time. Unfortunately, it was thirty years ago, and I didn't have a camera with me when I inspected either one of them. They both had real leather seats (instead of vinyl) and options that were never offered on '65-66 Mustangs (like Cruise Control, leather seats, etc., etc.).

regards,

Jeff

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Iacocca's is still sitting in my cousin's garage as I type this. Not sure what he's going to do with it. Needs a fresh restoration, as the one that was completed by my uncle 30+ years ago is tired.

I believe Mustang Monthly contacted him about a follow up article to the one they did 20 years ago.

Ron / Jeff,

there is another HFII car (vert) on the west side but it is not a "K". Is Iacocca's a K? The three of us could probably go have a look at it this winter if you're interested.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!