Holley 715 for GT350? - pics

• Looks like a re-pop to me. Black oxide throttle plates and ink stamp on secondary. This is based off of owning one that came off a totalled 66 GT350.

Where does it say it was built in the casting on the float bowl?

• Since your carb has a date code of the 2nd week in August, 1969 (982) I suspect it is a service replacement and not one of the later Holley reissues which didn't come out until the mid 70's.

Dave
    6S1757

• Original trottle plates and accellerating

rod were black from the factory.

Some current, well known rebuilders re-plate them

the same color as the rest of the carb.

Only one, to my knowledge, do them correctly,

Joe Bunetic in Fairview Heights, Ill.

/Bo

• Real early COBRA high rise, reported to have come from one of the three Cobras factory equipped with them per SAAC Registry 1997. Note the rare machining connecting right and left sides, I have only seen three real early light weight thin wall castings with this machining.

[Blocked Image: http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/rr64/MVC-006S.jpg]

Real early 1964 manufactured Holley List-3259. This one left SAI mounted on Cobra CSX2555.

[Blocked Image: http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/rr64/MVC-003S.jpg]

Like everything else Shelby related there are evolutionary changes in both part types through the production era.

Dan

• Restored 65 GT350 carb worth around $1500, S2MS carb restored with date code in range to be original equipment for 66-67 GT350 worth around $1200. I can purchase these carbs from a noted carb restorer for these prices as of 6 months ago. Your carb is definitely not original equipment BUT is an original service replacement, identical to the ones used in 65-67. I would guess it be worth $1000 restored, maybe $750 how it is now. Ebay may tell a different story though, you could get 2 that REALLY want it bad.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Restored 65 GT350 carb worth around $1500, S2MS carb restored with date code in range to be original equipment for 66-67 GT350 worth around $1200. I can purchase these carbs from a noted carb restorer for these prices as of 6 months ago. Your carb is definitely not original equipment BUT is an original service replacement, identical to the ones used in 65-67. I would guess it be worth $1000 restored, maybe $750 how it is now. Ebay may tell a different story though, you could get 2 that REALLY want it bad.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

I couldn't get bidding over to go over $700 with ebay on a Pony Restored to Concours, GENUINE 1966 GT 350, July 1966 dated carb. At TWO attempts. I gave it back to my Dad, I don't know what he ended up selling it for. Yet I was offered $500 for the unrestored core?

Joe Bunetic is a heck of a nice guy. He really helped me out with my Tri-Power when I was trying to tune it in with the incorrect center carb. At no financial gain to himself. I owe him one...BIG TIME!

I was unaware of the black plates, maybe it's the repops that have the brass ones.

• Beagle, thats surprising, I remember the pics of the carb you sent me, it was soooo nice! Ebay is just crazy sometimes, I watched 2 "experts" bid up a used but rebuilt 715 reissue carb to a little over $1200, they could have each bought a new one for that. I guess it helped that the 4 digit date code started with a 6 and they all were fooled into thinking it was original when it was 1986, not 1966. Had I needed your carb I would have bought it, I would have bet you would get over $1000 on crazy ebay.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!