NEED DATE DECODING

• Thanks Ralph. Another thing about dates that I found interesting in the 4th edition was the fact that the date on the warranty tag was the scheduled build date and not nessarily the actual build date. So it is possible that my K was built days or even weeks after the date on the w.tag ?

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

So it is possible that my K was built days or even weeks after the date on the w.tag ?

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Yes... BTW, the "T" code on your engine is likely the inspector's id.

• Special Ed:

The block in my car has a the stamp 5F7J, very close to your Mustang's motor. I'm curious to know how close the date on the door tags match up to my car? My car is 09T. I've been told that this date may not correctly define the true roll-off date, or production date, but I'm still curious about cars with dates close to mine. By the way my car is a Dearborn car.

Matt

• <div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
    Special Ed:

The block in my car has a the stamp 5F7J, very close to your Mustang's motor. I'm curious to know how close the date on the door tags match up to my car? My car is 09T. I've been told that this date may not correctly define the true roll-off date, or production date, but I'm still curious about cars with dates close to mine. By the way my car is a Dearborn car.

Matt

Hi Matt,

My GT fastback is a dearborn kar and has an 01T date on the tag. Spoke to Kevin Gormley yesterday. He is listed in the credits in the 4th edition. He said it is true that the tag date was just a scheduled build date. With the explosion of orders for Mustangs in 1965, it is very likely our kars were actually built days or weeks after that date so... the June 4th date on my block does not mean the engine is not original to the car.
    </div>

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!