• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

what aftemarket motor mount do you use on your kar with 66 style mounts?

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Haven't found a good one that actually fits. The ones available are tough to get in.

• Everyone I've used for the last 20 years was Made in India or China junk.

They require generous bending, hammering, and sometimes drilling to get them to work - I've even resorted to long grade 8 bolts with the heads cut off - put into the block - then let the weight of the engine do the work lining them up - on the frame side a long slightly under size steel rod - or screwdriver - works wonders to line up the holes.

Having a second person to jack up and down on the engine lift is also necessary.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

what aftemarket motor mount do you use on your kar with 66 style mounts?

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Haven't found a good one that actually fits. The ones available are tough to get in.

when you say tough to get in, what does that mean? i have the motor out, does this help?

• In or Out - they fit so bad it is hard to get them installed regardless.

I've had the biggest problems where they bolt up to the block - they just aren't stamped well at all.

• Recently installed a motor with the crappy repro mounts. It actually worked well to have the transmission mounted to the motor, but not have the rear trans to body mount attached. This allowed the engine to tilt back to help the bolt go in for the front mounts. Everything has to be about half-way loose to get lined up.

• Official Post

I always use NOS Ford mounts as they fit and do not sag in a short period of time like the aftermarket ones. Even a set of good used mounts beats the aftermarket ones. They are the same right and left so it is not as tough to find at least one good one at a time being as the right sides are rarely broken.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!