Four K-Codes at a cruise night!!!

• Last night I spotted four K-codes at a cruise night (including Kman's). I was really suprised since we usually only have a turnout of one or two at most of the local car shows.

It was a great cruise; they actually shut down Main Street Middletown and FILLED it with cars - in parking spots on both sides, two abreast down the center lanes, the full lenghth of Main Street. Over 700 cars.

• Gheez, around Detroit your lucky to get 2 in the same place at the same time in a show with 500 Mustangs.

For 2 years I had the only one in a car show with 1300 cars.

• Wow, Now I am sorry I could not make the show with my car. It is down right now since I am replacing the heater core and heater hoses. I had my car there last year and saw several other Mustangs but did not see any Ks (although since I had my 4 year old with me we did not have enough time to see all the cars). Maybe next year the turn out of Ks will be at least 5.

• It was a great cruise night. Two of the K's were somewhat removed from original (built non stock motors,ladder bars etc.) I was surprised to see the K in the vin's when I checked them out. Mine and the very nice poppy red/parchment 65 fastback (nice color combo)were by far the more original cars of the 4. Talked with the owner of the fastback who has had the car for about a year and though his car had headers and an aftermarket intake and carb, he said that he did have all of the original parts for the car and he did ask if I was interested in buying it. Told him one was enough for me for now!! How's the project going Karl?

Jack

• Steady progress on the Kar, maybe it will be ready for next summer's cruise. I've been driving the wheels off the six cylinder though.

Yes, Kman's coupe and the poppy fastback were the only authentically restored K-codes. The other 2 didn't have any of the K parts left on them as far as I could see, unless they still had the rear ends.

I think the fastback was the one that was posted on ebay awhile back.

Jack, I hope to see you at the Time Machines show in Durham!

• Nice going! That reminds me of the time we had 4 at the Fox Run Cruise, located in Delaware, almost four years ago. It actually happened <i>twice</i>, once at the September cruise date, and then again at the October cruise with a "substitute" fastback spotted with the other three Kars. Notice that all three body styles are represented... Unfortunately, Rich Marks sold his convertable, and we haven't found another soft top K to replace his in "the lineup"...

<center>

[Blocked Image: http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2007-6/12639…ose_Fox_run.jpg]

<b>SEPTEMBER 2003 FOX RUN DELAWARE CRUISE</b>

[Blocked Image: http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2007-6/12639…unwithSteve.jpg]

<b>OCTOBER 2003 FOX RUN DELAWARE CRUISE</b>

READ MORE ABOUT IT HERE

</center>

• Toolbox,

You mentioned a car show in Durham; when is it? I got my car all back together yesterday. For fathers day I was able to work on the car without any significant interruptions. I changed the heater hoses (see the story under first ride of spring) and while taking it apart I discovered the heater core was leaking so I got a complete rebuild kit and went to town working under the dash (Interestingly the heater core was the original one, dated 5C20, a few days before my scheduled build date). While I was in there I put the original AM radio back in and changed the heater control cables (included in the rebuild kit). Car is back to running and sounding great.

Also, for those in the CT area there is a car show on July 8th in Haddam called Rolling by the River (I think, but the date is the 8th of July and it is at the Haddam Meadows right off of Rt. 154), hope to see some of you there.

Mark

• Mark - The Durham show is Sunday July 22 at Cochinchaug high school, right on RT 17 in the center of Durham. Great show if you have never been there, easy 800 cars if it is a nice day. Met Karl there a few years back. Hope to see you there.

Jack

• Hey Jack,

Thanks, The 22nd should be good. I will cut through the back roads and try to get John as well (he owns the Poppy Red fastback) on the way. If you are around for the July 8th show let me know.

Mark

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!