Not a Mustang. What do you think??

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

The Cobra's were quite tame. I believe Ford Australia used the Cobra to get rid of the outgoing falcon bodies. The 351 engine only produced around 217bhp which isn't a lot for that type of car considering the 1976 XB GT was producing 290bhp, again not really that much.

Here's more info on the Cobra:

http://www.fastlane.com.au/News_Ford/Falc…25yrs110903.htm

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Thanks for the link René, looks just like the one I saw yesterday. It had the 4.9 liter engine and was in beautiful unrestored condition.

Dave
    6S1757

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

I like "The Road Warrior" way better than "Mad Max". Didn't care at all for "Beyond Thunder Dome". Amazing that car (and the stunt people) survived.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Hi Lyle.

Have a read of the Mad Max links above. They had two cars. One was trashed in a scene for the movie. The other survived in some yard somewhere until someone found it. Quite an interesting story. I thought people would have more respect for cars used in movies as in saving the left overs. I guess in hindsight it's easy.

Funny you mention Thunderdome. That movie was made specifically for the American market. I thought it sucked as did many people. They had a good formula, they should have stuck with it.

Regards,

René

Hi Everyone

Before Mustangs & Shelbys I owned GT Falcons. Here is a XAGT Hardtop I owned in 2003. Was a genuine 20k mile car.

Hey Rohan.

That is really a beautiful car. That would be worth a stack the way the market is at the moment.

Regards,

René

Before Mustangs & Shelbys I owned GT Falcons. Here is a XAGT Hardtop I owned in 2003. Was a genuine 20k mile car.

Looks a lot like a 69 Torino...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!