hipo fuel pump

• Which fuel pump would be correct for my 65 hipo with a April 65 build date. I know it is a carter pump, but is it crimped or screw together design?

When looking in the 4th addition of Tony Gregory's hipo book, it shows a picture of a 65 motor on page 59. The middle picture shows a crimped fuel pump, but the picture above shows a screwed together but says it is a 64.5 engine. So which one would be correct?

Thanks Tim

• Also on page 49 of this book, it shows a picture of a 3939 but it is a screw together. The book contradicts itself, unless there was a cut off of when it changed from screw on and crimped and it was still called 3939. Any ideas on this?

• Thanks for all your assistance. I actually have one of of each style, but the crimped one doesnt have the actual numbers on it, but then i have the screw together pump that has the 3939 s on it. So i am guessing this one is a phony??. Both were sold to me at separate times and businesses representing they were both correct.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Is there an upload button for adding the pics of my parts here for all to look at?

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

you have to upload your photos to a hosting site like photobucket.com

once they are there you can post a link here.

Z.

• Ok, it worked, This is the pictures you requested to view of the 3939 carters hipo fuel pump showing the date code is 5h7. This is the screw together one that i dont know if its a fake or not. Thanks everyone for your expertise on this matter. Tim

• The stamps are very fresh...looks redone to me.

The 3939S pump is the button top, crimp together style.

ACMAN63 has a Cobra and early HiPo screw together type on eBay right now - 3732S

eBay item #280716703410

I have a similar Carter X pump - on my car in '79 when I got it - the origianl 3939S pump was long gone.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!