• Today I was looking at a Hipo engine. Instead of the screw in studs they were pinned. I had never heard of those before. The same fellow also had a standard 289 head with a 20 casting . I was always told 19,20&21 nubers refered to hipo heads. Any comments?

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Today I was looking at a Hipo engine. Instead of the screw in studs they were pinned. I had never heard of those before. The same fellow also had a standard 289 head with a 20 casting . I was always told 19,20&21 nubers refered to hipo heads. Any comments?

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote> if the heads do not have factory cast in spring pockets and factory screw in studs they are not K code heads they are modified standard 289 heads, Chuck.

• I will get a pic of the 20 standard head and the pinned head. The holes for the pins look factory uniform. This dude has some interesting parts including some very rare Ford 289 pistons. 1 of 50 sets made.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!