exhaust reinforcement /frame rails

• had to farm out sheet metal work, we did not know much about the K code the reinforcement was not put back into new frame rails would really appreciate some pics and measurements of holes and how it is suppose to be thanks

Edited by - SixT5HiPo on 02/26/2011 01:02:53

• Please post pics of what you do. This apparently has been an issue for one or two cars I have run across while I was in the market.

I had never know to look for that before this site and the new project has all the vin's and other identifying items.

• Was looking at a K fastback offered for sale last year. Owner never admitted to much about the car until directly asked about very specific information. When I couldn't find the reinforcements in either frame rail, he finally told me that they both had to be replaced due to extensive rust damage. It was also then admitted to be a "converted" GT. Made the whole car seem fishy to me, and he then wondered why other people seemed so interested in the frame rail hole photos and such.

I can understand why one would want to put these factory features back into a replacement part on a genuine car, but it sure opens the door back up to more fake GTs and K code rebodies. Just sayin...

• Not only K and GT but all A code cars had these suports, in fact I have a 66 C code fastback with both the extra supports behind the rear seat and in the frame rails.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!