'65 Polished wiper blades

• It has been pointed out to me recently that the '65s had polished wiper blades, I am seeing only satin finish available in the catalogs.

Can the satin ones be polished or can anyone tell me where I could get a set of polished blades?

• Blade retainers Charles.

I have looked some more and it "looks like" Scott Drake offers the polished ones.... anybody know??

I do have the correct arms on my Kar, just would like to get/have the correct polished blade retainers.

Edited by - 6hypo5conv on 01/12/2011 17:39:32

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Blade retainers Charles.

I have looked some more and it "looks like" Scott Drake offers the polished ones.... anybody know??

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

The exact original ones are not available as a reproduction. The "replacement" Trico ones are shaped differently and have a satin finish. The originals for a '65 are kind of "flat" and highly polished. Originals are not too difficult to find. There is usually nothing wrong with them other than needing polished.

Sorry, but I don't have a picture right now.

• I have a set on my car right now that have a curve to them. They aren't trico though, at least I don't think they are...And they aren't common from what I have seen. Does anyone have a pic of the correct wiper blades that should be on the car?

• I've got pictures of the correct ones a member on the VMF sent me of the ones I'm going to buy-I'll bring them over today (Sunday) and now I'm finding out that the repro arms are not accurate either.

Brant, What it the difference between SDs wip-5 and wip-6? I'm told that the arms for my '65 should be chrome "hooded" type then stainless (shiney) to the blade...

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Brant, What it the difference between SDs wip-5 and wip-6? I'm told that the arms for my '65 should be chrome "hooded" type then stainless (shiney) to the blade...

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

"Wip-5" are the ones to use with the threaded studs through the cowl that use the chrome bezels there at the cowl.

"Wip-6" are the ones to use on a bit later car that does not use the chrome bezels.

Both kits have the replacement blade holder assy. as mentioned above.

I know my explanation was quick, so if you have questions, let me know.

• I went and looked at mine. The blade says Trico on the back. But the reference to hooded has me confused, also curved / flat. Pics would be great from someone, as it is a very prominant part in full view.

Thanks

Edited by - cobraboy on 01/16/2011 11:38:35

• I didn't mean to confuse the issue. Actually I have 2 issues: 1 being the BLADES themselves, but I have found the correct original stainless, flat, Tricos in 15" so I am set there.

Then I have descovered that I have incorrect/reproduction ARMS in that they have a "hood" on them right where they attach to the transmission on the cowl, and they are CHROME there, then go to a stainless finish for a few inches, then to a rather dull satin finish at the end where the BLADE attaches-I think these are more correct for a '66 but not 100% sure.

Stand by for the pictures of the correct blades I've found.

I still am unsure IF my July '65 car should have the "hood" or the smooth arms...

I still am unsure IF my July '65 car should have the "hood" or the smooth arms...

July '65 car should have "hooded" ones, because you do not have the bezels and nuts on the cowl.

• Thanks Brant, This helps!

Now is there a close reproduction of this one for '65? and are they chrome/stainless (no satin finish like '66s?)

We have been trying to FINALLY learn how to post pictures for over an hour, and the brains of the family (my Wife) is stumped-she HAS read about how to do it but doesn't understand what to put where-any help would be appreciated, then we'll post the pics of the correct '65 Trico blade holders. Thanks!

Thanks Brant, This helps!

Now is there a close reproduction of this one for '65? and are they chrome/stainless (no satin finish like '66s?)

We have been trying to FINALLY learn how to post pictures for over an hour, and the brains of the family (my Wife) is stumped-she HAS read about how to do it but doesn't understand what to put where-any help would be appreciated, then we'll post the pics of the correct '65 Trico blade holders. Thanks!

Yes, there is a nice reproduction available.

http://www.virginiaclassicmustang.com/65-EXACT-WIPER…NISH-P1208.aspx

http://www.virginiaclassicmustang.com/65-70-EXACT-WI…NISH-P1209.aspx

I'll try to get better pictures tomorrow.

Thanks Brant, This helps!

I'll try.

Have the pics on your computor.

Upload your pics to a photo hosting site - ie tinypic or photobucket.

This is done by going to hosting site and clicking on the upload images button. There will be an option to choose the size, you want 640x480 or size for forums etc.

once the image has uploaded click save to put it in an album.

Open the album and put cursor over the image.

A drop down box will appear, copy the whole line that starts with IMG.

In another tab on your computor start your post on HPMX.

When you want to add your pic right click and paste.

A line of text will appear in your post ( it wont be a pic but will turn into one when you post ).

Post on here and your pic will appear.

• Thanks Again Brant!! (and also Thank You Mark!!)

Brant, I'm putting together anouther small order to send your way, and the '65 wiper arms will be part of it!!

Thanks Again for your GREAT service!!

• Guys, I think I am all set now on my wipers.

I will get the correct blade holders from the member on the VMF that has offered them to me, and order the flanged repros from Brant.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!