BEST METHOD TO CLEAN RUSTY H PIPE

• I just acquired an nos K H pipe for my 65 Kar , what is an effective product other than media blasting and paint to remove rust and bring it back close to the original bare metal finish , also looking for an H pipe for my 64.5 K coupe is there anything unique to a 64.5 H pipe vs 65-66 H pipe , thanks in advance, chuck.

• Try some Evapo-rust, which can be bought at places like Harbor Freight or ordered online. You'll have to soak rags in it and wrap the pipes, followed by a wrapping of plastic so they won't dry. This will remove most of the rust.

Otherwise, you might try steel wool and polish, depending on how rusty they are.

• Chuck, The indexing tab for the rear pipes is in a 90 degree different position on the side on 64 1/2 style H pipes

rather than on the bottom like the later H pipes.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Try some Evapo-rust, which can be bought at places like Harbor Freight or ordered online. You'll have to soak rags in it and wrap the pipes, followed by a wrapping of plastic so they won't dry. This will remove most of the rust.

Otherwise, you might try steel wool and polish, depending on how rusty they are.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>Thank you charles i will give it a try.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Chuck, The indexing tab for the rear pipes is in a 90 degree different position on the side on 64 1/2 style H pipes

rather than on the bottom like the later H pipes.

-Fred-

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>Thanks Fred, i will be looking for that style index tab, chuck.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!