Wiring - console feed.

• I have a new(NPD) firewall-console feed wiring to install on my 65 K f/b full length console. Can anyone tell me what the green-yellow stripe wire connects to at the console end? I have 3 female connectors, 1 black(earth), 1 blue(power to console) and 1 green.

My console(original wiring) has 2 male connectors, 1 black(earth) and 1 blue(power). Therefore I have 1 empty female connector, or am I missing something?

Hope this doesn't sound too confusing.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Phil.

• My Console has 4 wires

Two black wires are joined in a single bullet.

One black wire with a blue stripe.

One green wire with a yellow stripe.

Three connectors in total

The car has 3 wires :- yellow, black/blue, black/grey

yellow on car - goes to green / yellow on console

black/blue stripe on car - goes to black/blue stripe on console

Black/ thin greyish stripe on car - goes to 2 joined blacks. on console.

• To clarify the colors by function: the obvious one first, black is ground; the black-blue stripe is for the courtesy lights and goes on with either an open door or by the headlight switch to interior lights position (CW), the green-yellow stripe is hot all the time and would feed the light inside the console glove box. The irony is, the same color codes are used in my 1999 Ford E250.

Jim

• Thanks guys. My console glove box light wire joins the ashtray light wire to share the blue connection, so I'll just leave the green/yellow unattached. Mine is a Nov. '64 Kar, so maybe the green/yellow caters for the globe that comes through the top of the console glove box, as opposed to the back which mine has.

Thanks again.

• It all becomes clear - early 1964 1/2 Mustang consoles did not have the upper light in the console glove box but used a light housing (similar mounting to the one on the AT indicator) that clipped to the plastic cover plate on the front of the console glove box. The light came one when the door was opened or when the headlight switch was turned to interior lights, therefore only one wire is necessary.

Jim

• Jim,

That's what I have. Mine is a Nov. 6 '64 build, so I think it has some leftover early parts on it. I guess it'll be okay to leave the green/yellow wire unattached.

Phil.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!