Replacement Deluxe Woodgrain Steering Wheel

• I am thinking of buying a new reproduction Deluxe Woodgrain Steering Wheel complete for my 65 K from NPD. I am curious to hear some feedback on the quality of their steering wheel. The description write up in their catalog tells me that the quality is very good.

Are there several different manufacturers of these steering wheels?

I'm after some feedback, please.

Shane

Edited by - SixT5HiPo on 06/03/2010 00:59:57

• There are two different repros that I am aware of. The one NPD sells separately is very nice IMO. Problem is, I could never get the horn parts to fit the wheel properly or work properly. The horn rim atttachment points were not indexed correctly with the spokes, so never lined up with the slots. I could see no way to fix this, and was told that "that's the way they are" so I returned it.

I ended up buying the wheel that comes in the complete kit, which is not nearly as nice a wheel, but at least all of the parts fit/work and align. BTW, I bought it elsewhere for much less money.

Sad situation actually; rare case of a very nice appearing repro being available, but other issues prevented me from using it.

• Just about all of the usual Mustang vendors sell the "kit" wheel setup. I actually bought mine at Columbus from a vendor there; don't recall which one. I think it was $200 or so though.

• Yes, the nice repro is the Dynacorn product. I tried every combination of original and repro horn parts and couldn't make any of them fit/work properly. Maybe I just got a bad wheel? It is a much nicer product than the wheel in the "kit".

• Thanks Jim for feedback , i have heard there are 3 x Brands Dynacorn of which is best ( Wheel Only ) , others are ACP & KSR

Looks Like the Dynacorn Wheel is the Way too go , then have too eigher use your Original pts or Buy Seperate Repro Pts and Hope like hell they fit.

Thanks also too others that have come forward with comments and the Attached Link .

Shane

• I bought a wheel kit from CJ (not for my K-Code!) - guess its a KSR deal.

The wheel itself ist good, but the center cap was a complete disappointment - neither the finish, nor the font of the lettering is anywhere near the original. Just plain too ugly to use. Ended up using my original cap.

No issues with the wheel or horn ring or contacts - works and looks fine.

Michael

- 64 Falcon Squire

- 65 Mustang GT Convertible

- 65 K-Code Hardtop

- 66 T5 K-Code GT Convertible

- 68 GT 500

- 08 Bullitt

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!