Iowa's 5F09K project

• have a question about the emblem on the front side.

my K car had the standard black interior

ie no GT no pony etc.

would the emblem on the side say 'mustang 2+2?'

thanks

iowa

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

have a question about the emblem on the front side.

my K car had the standard black interior

ie no GT no pony etc.

would the emblem on the side say 'mustang 2+2?'

thanks

iowa

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Yep

• OK, When I bought my later style system (from MOTIVE INDUSTRIES)it was complete with the "H" pipe and was pretty nice but lacked the correct clamps and had to be massaged a little to fit and my restorer added some welding/blueing to make it look more authentic.

I didn't realize that Waldrons was THE manufacturer of the reproduction Arvinode system....

• would anyone happen to have a photo

of a fastback similiar to mine

which would show the trim and emblems?

of all the pics in the K code book

none show show a 'plain' FB like mine

there is a GT ivy green

but it is a GT

thanks

dave

• this video is off my son's '66

the wheel bearing was shredded!!

but........the brake shoes are doing this....

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

is this normal without the drum on

are the springs too weak?

thanks for your help

iowa

• You asked a question about the earlier cars having different fender emblems and you are correct as earlier built cars did have a shorter emblem and I don't know when the change came but my car is Aug.64 built car and has early emblem on fender but it is a coupe.Maybe some of the others can shed some light on the subject also as I don't know about the fastback having different emblems.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

You asked a question about the earlier cars having different fender emblems and you are correct as earlier built cars did have a shorter emblem and I don't know when the change came but my car is Aug.64 built car and has early emblem on fender but it is a coupe.Maybe some of the others can shed some light on the subject also as I don't know about the fastback having different emblems.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

He was asking about 2+2 emblems, not the coupe/convertible emblems.

• i will be needing these parts:

alternator (or did mine have the generator? Dec 19, '64 build)

carb (what is suitable substitute?)

bell housing

H tubes for exhaust

distrib.

flywheel

K code toploader

driveshaft

thanks

iowa

• Dave, One thing you don't have on your list is a correct, restored 9" rear end......why is that?? (LOL)

Anyway this is the FIRST place I'm trying our new computer......

As far as some of the parts you are searching for:

Carb:I'd contact Jon at Pony carbs and get him to build you a "clone"-they are VERY NICE! Distributor you might try looking up Chuck at Distributor Dynamics-he specializes in FORD distributors and may have a suitable unit for you.as for the "H" pipe for your exhaust it just might come along with the GREAT Arvinode system that is on the market-otherwise you can get one separate-I'm not sure if the Arvinode system comes with the correct clamps (and hangers for that matter)(my later dual system I got from Motive Industries did not)so we had to get them separate.Hopefully someone else will chime in on some of the other stuff!!-Rick

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!