NOS Proportioning on ebay needs to be re sleeved

• I purchased a rebuilt? proportioning valve on ebay. You don't get what you pay for sometimes on Ebay . The company that sold it told me that the rebuilder in San Jose had told him it was resleeved. I took it apart to discover it is pitted. It looks perfect on the outside, no pits. Has anyone resleeved one of these in the past year. If so who is the best rebuilder? I've heard of Mark Frappier. Does he do the best rebuild.

Thanks in advance,

Scott

• I THINK THERE IS A PLACE CALLED LONE STAR WHICH HANDLES CORVETTTE STUFF AND CAN RESLEEVE THERE ARE ALSO MAYBE IN PROCESS OF REPRODUCING VALVE AS VETTES ALSO USE HERE IS CCONTACT INFO I THINK KEN WAS WHO I WORKED WITH ON SOME J56 BRAKES STUFF YEARS AGO

Lonestar Caliper Co.

11299 INTERSTATE 20

Canton, TX 75103

(903) 829-8400

(903) 829-8405 FAX

ken@lonestarcaliper.com

• I had Mark Frappier re-sleeve mine and it came back excellent.He will re-sleeve and install a new rubber-seal kit,contact him at

800-528-5235.his address is:

Mark Frappier

82 Mountainview Drive

Agawam,Ma. 01001

• I've used Frappier as well and he did a great job. One note I would have for anyone considering using him is that he sent it back unassembled as he did not want the liability of rebuilding. I had to reassemble the valve. If you do your own take photos as you do the disassembly so you can keep track of the various components.

Edited by - round2K on 02/20/2010 09:36:20

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!