K-restoration blog

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

A few more updates:

http://65kresto.blogspot.com/

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

I thought a '65 got a radio that began with a 6

and a '66 got a radio that began with a 5

Really great work on the blog - and of course the car as well !

Edited by - 65K09 on 12/06/2009 04:13:24

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

I thought a '65 got a radio that began with a 6

and a '66 got a radio that began with a 5

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

The 5TPZ radio was introduced about mid-year '65 production, which starts with a '5' on the dial. Interestingly, the 5TMZ starts with a '6', so they were most likely used interchangeably during production.

I still have the radio that was in my May '65 Dearborn car, it's a 5TPZ too.

I had some sealer goop like this on my '66 and decided to scrape it off. I figured it was just sloppy assembly work, and wasn't supposed to be there (unlike undercoating). Did you just paint over it?

It's the original stuff, we just left it there. Yes, it is painted over as it should be. The sealer was applied to the edge of the cowl before any primer or paint was applied to the car.

Charles,

Thanks for these pictures. It's amazing how you are focused

on details. Much appreciated.

/Bo

Not a problem, glad to share. Still able to learn new stuff as I go on this car, which makes it all the more interesting.

• The best thing i have ever seen in my life! Absolutly perfect!!!!

Thanks to guys like you that show these things to others.

You sure know what you´re doing.

Bye Jerry

................. Thanks to guys like you that show these things to others.

Let us just hope that other owners will not borrow details that don't apply to their cars

Charles - as always great to see what your discovering

Merry Christmas to all here at the HiPo eKschange

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!