65 fastback with 64.5 carpet.

• Not really as the rear seats are different not to mention you will need the rear seat fold down carpet also.Do you have NOS coupe carpet or something the reason you asked?

• My fastback has the 64.5 carptet as well. What you can do is get 65 fastback carpet, cut off the toe pad then cut the sides and get the sides "surged" by a upolstery or carpet shop to look correct, that is what I have done. OR as others have said you can get coupe carpet and cut the rear section to fit. The above is easier. After useing some carpet cleaner and a steamer I could not tell where the toe pad was and yes I was freaking out when I did it.

• Charles,

Yes I forgot that option. However VA mustang (Super company, I order a lot of stuff from them) insist that the fastback carpet has a toe pad. You and I have talked this on VMF. I believe the consenious was if it was surged then no toe pad. Again you can just cut the toe pad off.

Also discussed was people should consider ordering the mass back carpet. Anything less then a driver or resell car you will be disapointed in the quality and fit. Ordering a set of 64 1/2 FASTBACk carpet with folddowns and in mass back form ACC direct will run @ $350 direct from them. Possibly cheaper though a mustang shop.

I should have stated I had a very nice set of mass backed fastback carpet to start with. I got a deal on it and it was 65 style but correct color so I jumped on it cut to toe pad off and got it surged for a lot less then $350.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

However VA mustang (Super company, I order a lot of stuff from them) insist that the fastback carpet has a toe pad. You and I have talked this on VMF. I believe the consenious was if it was surged then no toe pad. Again you can just cut the toe pad off.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Thanks for the comment.

We will be glad to order the early carpet with or without a toe pad. I have seen many early fastbacks with the cut and serged carpet with the heel and toe pad. That said, there certainly may have been fastbacks produced without the toe pad. BTW, the mass backing on the carpet is not listed in our catalog, but it is no problem to special order. It is a $50.00 option.

Here are some images of the original carpet from my 65 GT350 (around Jan. 65 production) with the serged carpet with the heel and toe pad. Please note that the second picture shown here does not have the heel pad (it came unattached and just was not included when I took the picture.)

[Blocked Image: Http://lh4.ggpht.com/_FhFCoO_tIME/SariBNTl3II/AAAAAAAAElo/AFJDgaVtsFI/s400/DSCN8070.JPG]

[Blocked Image: http://lh3.ggpht.com/_FhFCoO_tIME/SariAKUQs8I/AAAAAAAAElg/Hey6Pw13dpc/s400/DSCN8069.JPG]

Thanks,

Brant

Virginia Classic Mustang Inc

Edited by - club 33 on 03/01/2009 14:56:34

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Va Mustang sells the correct serge edge carpet for a fastback. That style carpet was used way into '65 production. My January '65 K fastback had the early style carpet. Have a late Jan '65 coupe out of San Jose that also had it.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Charles,

Did your January '65 Fastback have the original carpet to determine if it had the heel and toe pad or just the heel pad?

See my other post with pictures from my original carpet in a San Jose/Jan. '65 fastback with the heel and toe pad.

Thanks,

Brant

• Brant,

Thanks for the photos. Sorry if it seemed I was saying you and VA mustang were incorrect. I do see something interesting. Your car is JAN 65 and SJ build. Most of the cars and owners I was talking to were 64 Dearborn.

Here is a picture of a Nov 24 64 un touched Dearborn coupe. Mine is Sept 28 64.

[Blocked Image: http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/ss270/brianrobbins341/HPIM0374.jpg]

Maby the SJ or Jan has something to do with the toe pad starting to show up possibly?

Edited by - 5F09C on 03/01/2009 16:35:22

• My fastback didn't have the original carpet, but the vinyl strips were still on the rockers when I pulled up the replacement carpet.

I do have a 26A San Jose coupe that had the original carpet. It had serge edges and no toe pad.

• Brant/ club 33 Notice that the heel pad is reversed. Just asking, but how did you determine its the original carpet?

Think this might be a replacement. Have a couple of San Jose cars were the serged edged carpet was remade with heel and toe pads similar to yours - only the heel pad was orientated the other way around like the later carpet

Edited by - J_Speegle on 03/01/2009 18:31:33

Brant/ club 33 Notice that the heel pad is reversed. Just asking, but how did you determine its the original carpet?

Think this might be a replacement. Have a couple of San Jose cars were the serged edged carpet was remade with heel and toe pads similar to yours - only the heel pad was orientated the other way around like the later carpet

Jeff,

The heel pad just came off of the carpet, so I just threw it on there for the photo.

There is no doubt it is the original carpet-it "matched" the rest of the car. It was fairly easy to tell plus no replacement that looked like that when pulled out would be cut and serged on the edges.

Brant,

Thanks for the photos. Sorry if it seemed I was saying you and VA mustang were incorrect. I do see something interesting. Your car is JAN 65 and SJ build. Most of the cars and owners I was talking to were 64 Dearborn.

Here is a picture of a Nov 24 64 un touched Dearborn coupe. Mine is Sept 28 64.

Maby the SJ or Jan has something to do with the toe pad starting to show up possibly?

Yes, I would say the different plants and, of course, dates would make a difference. You will also notice that the "earlier" carpet as pictured has a different heel pad than what is on the carpet in my pictures. This style of heel pad is not available. I have had customers use their old one though. It is just so difficult to find an original heel pad worth re-using.

BTW, to everyone-thanks for the input. There is just a lot of great information and knowledgeable folks on this site.

-Brant

The heel pad just came off of the carpet, so I just threw it on there for the photo.

Thanks Brant - did miss the fact that the heel pad was simply thrown on top.

Looks like it may be one of the "in between" ones Will check a few pictures to find a couple of other examples

Edited by - J_Speegle on 03/02/2009 23:28:41

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!