Chrome Plating

• I read Charles posting on another forum about plating prices, and all I can say is - 'Charles, move'. I have some actuals from some replating I had done two years ago locally:

65 Fastback fold down seat front piece - $55 each

67-68 Fastback fold down seat latch pieces - $20 each

67-68 Fastback fold down seat curved pieced - $25 each

This was with minimal extra labor costs, such as 'dents' removed.

I was 'ball-park' quoted $90 for 64-66 bumpers locally. I think this may be unrealistic.

Does anybody have any info on costs for a 65 corral and fog lights arms?

Jim

• Those are some pretty good prices. I'd have to compare the quality to see if we're comparing apples to apples here. The place I use is very careful not to over-buff or grind out sharp edges and details on parts. He was saying the biggest issue with the fold-down chrome is it can easily be warped during the plating/buffing process. He based everything on something like $200/hr labor rate.

• Well, to start with, one of the cars involved was judged by Jeff in Concord last year (it got a gold). The work was done in Santa Clara and some clandestine location near Manteca.

Jim

Let me modify this only to say 'Jeff inspected' the car. It still got a gold.

Edited by - jwc66k on 09/28/2008 17:29:57

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!