1965 Wiper arms & blades??

• To the best of my knoledge/recolection the 1965 Mustang wiper ARMS should be chrome or something highly polished-I believe the '66s werea dull finish?? are there correct 1965 repros on the market?

And as far as the blades go I know trico has a line of vintage blades on the market but I am wondering if the originals had the "air foil" on them?? it seems that somewhere back in the 60s that I remember some cars with the air foils....did the 1965 Mustangs use these? are they reproduced?

• Many years ago, I bought a pair of 65 windshield

wiper arms from a company that rebuilt them. Turned

out that my car was too late for the 65 type arms

so I sent the early 65 back and got a pair of late

65, 66 instead. Both were chrome and polished arms.

If I don't recall wrong the change from the 65 to

the 66 type happened after April 1:st 1965.

/Bo

• Not sure April 1st is the real date as my mid April Dearborn K has the '65 style wiper arms.

Don't forget that the posts have chrome fittings in '65 in the cowl holes below the arms - in '66 Ford reduced costs by eliminating this part and changing the arms a little to cover more of the hole.

FYI - I think Scott Drake makes repop arms - his stuff is usually very good.

• The change to the new type without the chrome

fittings happended in the spring of 1965.

My early May 65 Shelby, i.e. San Jose' car

has the new type.

/Bo

• My July 27th 1965 is Dearborn built, and as I recall it had what I thought were the original arms on it when it went to be restored, and they were very bright and shiney still.....I know the later ones that we are talking about were a dull finish of some sort.

What about the BLADES?? airfoil or not??

• Airfoil blades were an aftermarket deal.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!