4 Speed speedometer cable?

• All originals mounted at the factory had foam, correct?

The hole in the fire wall is too large for the rubber sleeve.

If later replacements has the foam can somebody post a picture.

/Bo

• I got my cable yesterday from LM (Daniel Carpenter repro) and it looks good to me, but I have nothing here to compair it to though.

The foam is about 3" long and has a smooth finish on the outside, and a sort of grommet inside thats about 1/2" long, the foam is loose on the cable-I guess thats so you can slide it to where you want it when installing it.

I am now going to order a couple of pieces from Mac's and see what that looks like, I am also having my restorer send me me NOS cable that I bought so I can compair IT to the DC repro.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

I got my cable yesterday from LM (Daniel Carpenter repro) and it looks good to me....<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

How about a photo?

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

I'll try and do a photo (closeup) of the LM/DC cable's foam, I have never posted a pic on here before and am not sure how to do it.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

I would still be interested in a photo...???

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!