Did 66 GTs come with 3 speeds

• Hi guys im new to this forum and ive got a question i thought id ask the experts im looking at buying a 66GT coupe A code ive been told its a factory GT, its transmision code is 1 which means 3 speed manual, ive read some articles saying GTs only came out with 4speeds and C4s then other articles saying different, can anyone help me out? cheers glen

• Thanks for that, if i was going to upgrade the transmission the best way to go would be a T5, ive heard that its an easy job, would you recomend this?

• It is a very good swap...what is your rear gear ratio? It needs to be pretty low (numerically high) in order to keep the car from lugging in OD (5th gear). I put a World Class T5 in my '67 (302-300+ hp, 3.50 gears), and it lugged in 5th gear. I'd go w/ 3.73 or better.

All you need is the crossmember and shifter conversion kits, and it's a bolt-in.

• I had a 1966 C code coupe with a 2.83 rear and a T5,it worked just fine. Shoot, the car had 275K miles on it and I could still get 24 mpg.

Keep the 3.00 ratio for now.

• hey i didnt think you guys would care about mpg over there, you wouldnt like it here petrol costs £1.05 a litre which is $2.10 a litre in your money

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

hey i didnt think you guys would care about mpg over there, you wouldnt like it here petrol costs £1.05 a litre which is $2.10 a litre in your money

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

In the US of A, we use an archaic measurment system developed in Merry Old England where liquids, like gasoline, are sold by the gallon. At 3.78 liters (we spell that different too) per gallon, the cost of UK gasoline would be $7.49 per gallon. That just might start the second American Revolution.

Happy New Year.

Jim

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!