• My car was original equipment with a PCV Valve. When I acquired it, it had the Ford open style breather on the left valve cover without the host fitting going to the air cleaner. I have since rounded up the correct oil cap and removed the tape that sealed up the air cleaner fitting. What I don't have is the hose that goes from the oil cap to the air cleaner. Heater hose fits, but I am sure it's not correct. Anyone know what the correct hose should be?

Thanks

Bill

• There seems to be apples and oranges here. The PCV hose is from the right hand valve cover to the carburetor base and is available from NPD and maybe others. It may of may not have the correct marking. The right hand hose is routed from the oil filler cap to the air cleaner and is not reproduced for HP engines. The part number for that hose is C4TE-6355-F and was used on HP engines thru 67.

Jim

• There are two options: The hose is fundamentally bulk neoprene hose, either 5/8" or 3/4" ID (measure the connection points to be sure). If you want the correct hose you can order the one with Ford part numbers and the logo from sources mentioned here already. If not, you can buy bulk neoprene crankcase vent hose from any local parts house and it will do the job. Heater hose will deteriorate on the inside as it ages when exposed to crankcase gases.

Edited by - round2K on 08/08/2007 09:43:58

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!