I need another Harmonic Balancer

• Where would I find another harmonic balancer for this `65 289/271hp HiPo? I know IF this engine has been balanced (don't know it's history) I may have another problem, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

The rubber is pretty well shot on this one and for whatever reason it has a C8ZE-A part/casting/engineering number?

Thanks

Mark

Edited by - MBrown on 04/02/2007 17:33:15

• I'm not sure where you can find a correct date coded balancer, but if you're not concerned about having a service replacement I would have yours rebuilt. I did this a few years ago with the Damper Doctor. Besides rebuilding dampers they do offer new and original rebuilts for sale. I was pleased with their service, so you may want to check them out. Good luck. Kevin

http://members.aol.com/damperdoc/

• I was in the Damper Doctor the other day and I think they had one in stock, however it may have been a special Shelby piece as it had additional timing marks at 90 degree intervals. If you call ask for Mike or John.

• I called them this morning, thank you guys for the tip. He does not have another one at this time. The one they had sold on eBay for over $700.00 bucks just the other day! This one will have to be rebuilt at a cost of $139.00 I believe is what he said, cheap enough. One day turn around was more good news.

Thanks again-

Mark

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!