READ ABOUT DISHONEST Parts Vendor

• Don't anybody deal with Delta Bay Mustangs in Brentwood,Cal.as that guy sells JUNK parts and is a thief to boot.Ordered some parts from them and they sent out some junk that wasn't designed or produced right and told the owner about it and he tried to make out like we're all stupid so I sent them back and guy hasn't returned any of our money.Tell everybody you know to stay away from these crums!

Edited by - SixT5HiPo on 04/05/2008 21:19:19

• Thanks for the heads up. I ran into a carb dealer at the Columbus parts swap who had obvious hi-po carb FAKES. Auto choke holes filled in and filed down and crooked numbers re-stamped on the base. The seller wasn't at his booth, wish I could have gotten a card so I could post their info here. It was quite appaling what they had done to the carbs.

• What exactly did you buy from Tom? Are they parts that he made, or something from another vendor?

I've known him for a number of years and found him to be honest and an overall asset to the Mustang community.

• The Carbs in the Buckeye Building were done by a guy in NY and he sells htem as Clone HiPo Carbs. He does not try to misrepresent them- at least last time I spoke with him. Hopefully, he still sells them as Clones. He was not there and I didn't get a chance to speak with him either.

• If he's not trying to misrepresent them, then why stamp C5OF numbers on the base? I guess I just don't understand that logic. He might as well be re-stamping fake VIN numbers, same idea. I feel sorry for owner's that don't know how to tell the difference with one of these.

• He said they were parts he made and sold to everyone else with NAMES but they didn't fit and were all wrong.Talking with him with a smart attitude isn't helpful to any customers knowing their cars but keeping their money is along the lines of him being a thief also.He has yet to return our money after 2 months but I have my attorney on it now so we will climb in his ass with a microscope and let him spend some money of his own!

• Saw this old post while searching for another...I bought a carb from this fellow and have been very impressed. Like was said before, he never said that they were originals, but that he had modified them to work/appear as originals. Of course I couldn't take the thing apart right at his table but he answered all my ?s regarding the mods he made to it.

All I was really looking for was a good Ford 4-bbl w/ a manual choke setup to run on my HiPo, and it has done that job very well. W/ his price (after some minor haggling) at 30% or so of what an original carb costs...not a bad deal at all if you like to drive your HiPo vs. have it as a 100% correct trailer queen. 99.9% of the folks who look at my car have no idea nor could care less about the exact authenticity of the carb. The car looks good and goes fast! Will the value decrease b/c of my fake carb? Of course, but I don't plan on selling the thing for the next 100 years or so.

Bottom line, the guy sells an honest product at a good price.

• As I stated previously, don't believe it is an "honest" product once the hi-po numbers are stamped into the base. If it's just fit and functionality that you're after, you don't need the numbers. As you state, most people would not know the difference... and I bet you don't readily disclose that the carb is a fake to everyone.

• It's amazing what you learn on this board. I just got finished converting an extra 715CFM list 3259 Holley that I have for use on my 66 Tiger. I put on center hung fuel bowls, and an automatic choke for this application (yes, I have the LeMans float bowls and manual choke for it).

I had NO idea that the choke hole was filled on this carb. I guess I'll have to use either the manual choke, or automatic choke for it. Oh well. Thanx for the heads up, guys!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!