• I did a search but was unable to get an answer to this. It seems I remember the rally pac comming in black as well as white or an off white color. Can someone verify this and if they did come in different colors what determined the color for the car.

Thanks... Gary

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

The '66 rally-pacs came in at least black, white, red or blue.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

I thought they came in different colors but wasn't sure. Do you know who or what determined what color you got when a K code was ordered new?

Thanks,

Gary

• My 66K was ordered new with the 8K Rally-pac. Mine is Black and my interior is Blue. It looks to be correct to the car with proper petina and the tach is inoperable (but clock works and is not quartz). It's an original FORD unit, but no way to confirm if it's orig. to my car - it could have been replaced.

I've seen pics of other cars with blue interior and black Rally-Pacs.

I know all the Hi-Profile '65's were black. The one's that say Mustang on the Tach and Rally-Pac on the center piece were over the counter dealer units. The ones that say FORD on the tach and have no lettering on the center piece were factory installed units.

Any color knowledge on the Low-Profile units that were factory installed vs. dealer installed / over the counter purchased??

hmmmmmm, the debate continues..........

Mark

• Dealer-installed low profile rally-pacs were usually black.

The '65 GT convertible I restored last year had medium blue interior and a medium blue rally-pac. I know it was original because it was dated right and the crinkle paint was blue all the way through.

• The 1965 and 1966 low profile R/P's have different clock faces. Other than that they are pretty much the same.

Color depends on interior color if they are from the factory.

Randy

• I've seen two different faces on the Tach, I think. One the needle swings through about 30 degrees, the other, like mine, approximately 270 degrees, is the first legit?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!