Yes, Virginia there is a Fuel Pump Santa Claus…

• Several of you have helped in the past keeping me straight while I got my GT Fastback back together and now’s the time to return the favor. I have seen numerous posts on fuel pumps recently and wanted to let you know I had my ORIGINAL 1965 crimp style fuel pump rebuilt by:

Fuel Pumps A2Z

Attn: Claude

RR #4, Box 220

Fairfield , IL 62837

Phone: (618) 842-6130

They did a fabulous job, it looks good and my car runs great! A2Z may take a couple of weeks, but well worth the wait. They have the correct press to roll the lip, crimp the assembly and all the internal parts. If your pump needs to be refinished, you will have to get that done elsewhere as A2Z is just set up for the rebuild.

Thanks,

William

PS If you find the information in HPM.com as invaluable as I did, feel free to click on the PayPal donate button in the upper left cornerr to contribute, it’s a great site!

• Caspian65,

I had to have a seperate company do the dichromate coating. I had it done here locally and they did a decent job. Claude will do individual rebuilds, is very fair and informative. He did an excellent job pressing out the lip so I could have it recoated, then he replaced all the internals and re-rolled the lip. Very professional looking and about ~$100 with all the shipping (2x).

mwm

• Yes, I am reading. Have talked to Claude off and on since this topic began. Have been working on a plan where they MIGHT remove bottom part, we have it replated zink dichromate, and they reassemble. He is not too jazzed about all of this extra motion, and this may or may not happen. He told me to come down and talk to him sometime, but I have not been able to get there so far. Still on the listof things to do. I knew he had the machine to crimp the old type pumps but he told me that he stayed pretty busy with rebuilding those pumps that were "normal" and would try to work in some crimp type when he could. Also, I think that in many instances a crimped pump that has previously been rebuilt has a different type of bottom which is much stronger and resists the bottom being twisted to the point of leaking when the line is tightened. The original bottoms are very fragile. He seemed to have no interest in mailing back the bottom half while the customer had it plated. Maybe we can work something out with him now that he has caught up from the summer.

• Here's pics mwm sent me of the rebuilt pump. Looks pretty good though I can see some signs of being uncrimped and recrimped. Better than I had expected but not quite as good as I would like for my original 4201. Price sure is right though!

[Blocked Image: http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/1253/fuelpump001zd4.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/2355/fuelpump002eu6.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/4884/fuelpump003nl9.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/6724/fuelpump004rx5.jpg]

• Pump looks great.

Oops - I may be wrong, but the car in the picture appears to have the radiator shroud on upside down.

Edited by - round2K on 10/29/2006 07:05:29

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Caspian65,

I had to have a seperate company do the dichromate coating. I had it done here locally and they did a decent job. Claude will do individual rebuilds, is very fair and informative. He did an excellent job pressing out the lip so I could have it recoated, then he replaced all the internals and re-rolled the lip. Very professional looking and about ~$100 with all the shipping (2x).

mwm

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

If I read this correctly, the center band is reused. Looks pretty good though.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!