'64 / early '65 Door sill plates

• Guys, these sold on another forum in less than 30 minutes.... I guess it was a good price? I have no idea what they are worth.

• The price was fair for the condition. They've become a desirable item since we know these were used as far into '65 production as January/February. Until a reproduction comes along, restoring originals is the only way to get this detail right.

• Just for reference, my car was built in San Jose with a date of January 14. All of the "early" '65 car features that I am aware of are present on this car. It's already been modified into a GT350 clone, so I don't care about all that stuff for this car right now since I don't see it going back to original any time while I own it. C code Honey Gold with Ivy Gold std interior. Trans tunnel also has holes for full console and console wiring is present as well.

• I just found an NOS pair of these #C5ZZ-6513208-D in my garage.Thought they went to my 66 Kar build date NOV 65.Are they correct for my car if not what do I need to find ?

mike

• The part number you reference, C5ZZ-6513208-D, is a service part number for factory part number C5ZB-6513200. They were used on 65 - 68 hardtops and Fastbacks. A different p/n was used for 1964 factory assembly, C4ZB-6513200. There is a subtle difference between 64 and 65-68. The Ford logo plate is also different for 67-68. Will they fit? Yes. Will they work? Yes. Will MCA know? No.

Jim

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!