Steel styled wheels - Scott Drake VS ??

• Hi all.

I'm looking to get a set of 14x6 Steel Styled wheels for my 65 K. I can get the usual SD wheels, but was wondering if there are other brands around as well? I have been told that they are still available from the ford factory, is this true? The price I was quoted was around $1300 USD including the caps which seems quite steep.

What have those that bought them got? What was the price and quality like? Where did you get them from?

Of course I'd much rather have an original set of 14x5's but I'm guessing that may well be asking for too much.

Thanks,

RP

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Styled steel wheels have been obsolete from Ford for a very long time.

NOS ones usually sell for about what you mentioned, maybe $200-300 each, not counting centercaps or lugnuts.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Thanks for the info. I got a price for 4 Scott Drakes including centre caps and lugnuts for $998.40 USD (converted fom $1280 AUD including shipping) from East Coast Mustang Parts in Melbourne Australia.

Seems like a damn good price.

RP

• Tony Branda has a list price of $649.95 but a holiday sale price of $499.95 which includes 4 center caps and 20 lug nuts. The ad states exact repros, original style, show quality, correct paint. These are 14 x 5 size for 65 or 66 wheels. 1966 includes the trim rings. The 14 x 6 or 14 x 7 cost another $100.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Tony Branda has a list price of $649.95 but a holiday sale price of $499.95 which includes 4 center caps and 20 lug nuts. The ad states exact repros, original style, show quality, correct paint. These are 14 x 5 size for 65 or 66 wheels. 1966 includes the trim rings. The 14 x 6 or 14 x 7 cost another $100.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Great price!! Do you know the quality of the wheels?

RP

• Had a set of Styled Steel wheels on my 65 for around 6 years that made by a company called Pro Products - not sure if they are still in business but the wheels were nice, had very good chrome/paint and they balanced well. There were some wheels oon the market back when I bought mine, that had quality issues and were very hard to balance correctly

Jack

Had a set of Styled Steel wheels on my 65 for around 6 years that made by a company called Pro Products - not sure if they are still in business but the wheels were nice, had very good chrome/paint and they balanced well. There were some wheels oon the market back when I bought mine, that had quality issues and were very hard to balance correctly

Jack

Hi Jack.

Would it be possible to PM me all the wheels you looked at?

Thanks.

RP

Had a set of Styled Steel wheels on my 65 for around 6 years that made by a company called Pro Products - not sure if they are still in business but the wheels were nice, had very good chrome/paint and they balanced well. There were some wheels oon the market back when I bought mine, that had quality issues and were very hard to balance correctly

Jack

Pro Products was absorbed by Scott Drake.

Hi all.

I'm looking to get a set of 14x6 Steel Styled wheels for my 65 K. I can get the usual SD wheels, but was wondering if there are other brands around as well? I have been told that they are still available from the ford factory, is this true? The price I was quoted was around $1300 USD including the caps which seems quite steep.

What have those that bought them got? What was the price and quality like? Where did you get them from?

Of course I'd much rather have an original set of 14x5's but I'm guessing that may well be asking for too much.

Thanks,

RP

I just went through this approximately 2 months ago. I paid $519 + shipping for a set of four 66' style (slighly larger 67 sized 14 x 5.5) with trim rings, center caps, etc through Laurel Mountain Mustang. They are Scott Drake rims, which look great and have the fake rivets to give the concours look. They balanced real nice and look great with the new diamondback radial dual redlines. Good luck.

Kevin

Edited by - keviha on 12/22/2006 13:06:52

Tony Branda has a list price of $649.95 but a holiday sale price of $499.95 which includes 4 center caps and 20 lug nuts. The ad states exact repros, original style, show quality, correct paint. These are 14 x 5 size for 65 or 66 wheels. 1966 includes the trim rings. The 14 x 6 or 14 x 7 cost another $100.

The price I see on Branda's site is 549.95 for 14X5 wheels. Can you give a link to where you saw the 499.95 price.

Thanks .... Gary

• Gary,

Just received Branda's catalog and with it they sent a Christmas flyer with special deals through January 31, 2007. I just called Branda and the rep told me the wheels are made by Specialty Wheels and they've been using them for 15-20 years. The rep said the $499.95 is for customers that have ordered before or have recently received their catalog. There is a code on the flyer to be used when ordering. Still, the $550 price isn't too bad compared to what others are asking. Mustang Plus has them for $625, NPD for $723.

Alex

Alex, thanks for this heads-up. I called Branda and told them I saw the add but didn't get the flyer and they gave me the sale price. Great people to work with.

Gary

• Got my wheels today from Branda. Other than the fact that they sent me wheels for a 65 instead of 66 they are a great buy for the price. They are welded but the quality seems to be very good.

Gary

• Hi all.

Has anyone bought any wheels from Specialty Wheels?

Here in Oz they work out to around $1325 USD with caps which seems way more expensive than the Scott Drake wheels. I have no idea what the quality difference is between the two.

RP

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!