Still looking for

• When I was growing up in the East Bay in a small town El Sobrante California in the 70's there was a guy named Rick Fall. He allways had a Hipo fastback mustang. At the time I didnt know that it was a K code car. Has anybody run into him or know where he might be?

Thanks

• Dave - There is a book titled "In Search of Mustangs" that I have not been able to find. It is out of print, but is supposed to have some way to reference previous owners. Maybe someone here has a copy and can help you. I've been trying to find my first K code convertible for a long time and could use similar help.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Dave - There is a book titled "In Search of Mustangs" that I have not been able to find. It is out of print, but is supposed to have some way to reference previous owners. Maybe someone here has a copy and can help you. I've been trying to find my first K code convertible for a long time and could use similar help.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

The book is actually called <i>MUSTANG PRODUCTION GUIDE</i>, and is subtitled: The "In Search of Mustangs" Registry & Census. Volume 1, 1964 1/2-66, was printed in 1994, and is currently out of print. Good luck finding a copy. It contains hundreds of pages of VIN's <i>printed in small type, with four columns per page</i>! Each column contains 60 VIN's, for a total of 240 cars per page. There is also a smaller section called <i>VIN-Plus</i>. <i>VIN-Plus</i> refers to complete (or mostly complete) warranty plate data, and each page has only one column of numbers with 60 cars per page. Many include the owner's name and location by state or country. Some are noted with comments such as "GT", "NLO", and "DOOR". "GT" means the car is claimed to be a GT. "NLO" means the car no longer operates, and is probably scrapped or wrecked. "DOOR" means this is just a driver's door from which the warranty plate information was taken, with the status of the rest of the vehicle unknown.

All of the data is sorted by year, assembly plant, and build sequence number. Of course, there are many K codes listed, but they are few and far between when listed with all other Mustangs! This is to be expected. It's interesting to see that of all Mustangs found in this registry, "C" code Mustangs account for <i>almost</i> 50% of the cars listed, with "T" code cars between 30-40%, "A" codes between 10-15%, and "K" codes are between 1.5-2.5%.

There is no way to know for sure if the infomation in the book is completely accurate. If you know the VIN of your "first K code convertible", send me an email, and I can look it up to see if it is listed in the book.

• I just went to order it online and cheapest shipping they offered to me was FedEx Home Delivery for $11.11 so I didn't order it.

I may call them tomorrow to see if they can do any better than that. Shouldn't cost any more than $5 to ship this puppy....

• Yeah that book sounds great but I'm sure that he has moved around since the 70's and thought that someone might have heard from Rick or knew where he might live now?

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

In Search of Mustangs or the Mustang Production Guide is available from Mustangs Plus for $19.95 plus shipping. Found on page 368 of the catalog or call 1.800.999.4289.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

It's good to know the book is available again. Last time I checked it was out of stock, and couldn't be re-ordered.

• G'day all, I just had a look at the Mustangs Plus website and it listed two editions of the book...does the second book include data from the first, or are they to be used together?

Can someone who owns the book(s), have a look and see if 6R09K122350 is listed???

Thanks,

Scott

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

In Search of Mustangs or the Mustang Production Guide is available from Mustangs Plus for $19.95 plus shipping. Found on page 368 of the catalog or call 1.800.999.4289.

It's good to know the book is available again. Last time I checked it was out of stock, and couldn't be re-ordered.

Just FYI...According to Mustangs Plus, the book is <i> still</i> no longer available...

• mwm: That sequential # is not listed under either a VIN or in the "VIN plus" information in the book "In Search of Mustangs" Volume #1. 162483 is listed, the next is 162537. Sorry. Murf

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!