RE: NOS Hi-po Comet fan blade

• I know this is more of a Mustang forum, but I went to a Ford dealer garage sale a few years ago grabbing parts at random because they were cheap. I went through a parts book and see I may have a '65 clutch fan blade. Left the Part # at home, but think it is C3OZ-8600-D in Fomoco box. The book indicates it was possibly used on the first 1000 '65 Comet units and on hi-po Comets when the vicious power option was asked for. Any ideas on a market value on this piece? Probably a tough part if your looking for one, but I'd suspect it's a limited market.

Matt

Edited by - 21.04 on 04/21/2011 14:59:26

• That Ford p/n, C3OZ-8600-D, comes back as a five blade, 17 1/4 inch, 2 3/8 ID center hole, used on a 65 Fairlane 200CID 6 cylinder with delux hang on A/C, and a 64 1/2 Mustang 260CID and 289CID (generator engines) with factory hang on A/C. I don't see any other uses in the May, 75 Ford Car Parts book (no Mercury uses listed).

Jim

• It is a 5 blade clutch fan with the specs that you've mentioned. Bob Mannel's book references it for use on 6cyl cars. There is also an appendix on fan blades and referrences this with the special uses as I've described. I'm not sure what I have and am hoping someone will recognize it and/or could use it. Thanks for looking this up.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!