Sale/Trade? Modified HEH-T for stock HEH-BT

• I currently have an HEH-T that has been modified for drag racing. It has the blocker rings removed and a few Doug Nash parts (I have pics available). It's built for power shifting, and does this very well. It's been this way since I purchased it (I did none of the above mods), I drove it for a couple of years but found it better suited for racing applications vs. street driving (even though I've never raced this trans). I would like to find the correct close ratio toploader for my '66, which I believe is a -BT. If you are interested in buying or trading for this trans please let me know.

• Official Post

An HEH-BT is a wide ratio trans. I know that flys in the face of the information on the toploader sites but their information on that one is incorrect. My information comes right out of the Ford parts book and this has been discussed here on this forum before. You need an HEH-BX to be correct for your Kar. If you are unable to find a trade, a friend of mine may have an HEH-BX available outright.

-Fred-

65 Koupe early San Jose Phoenician Yellow 4 speed
    66 GT Koupe Dearborn Blue 4 speed
    66 KGT San Jose fastback pony interior Silver Frost 4 speed
    64 Falcon sedan delivery 289 4 speed
    65 Ranchero 289 4 speed
    66 Corvette roadster 427/425 4 speed

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!