Have late '65 Block - Need Early '65 Block

• I have a 5C20 hipo block with hipo main caps and the vin stamped on block. It's a std bore and will go back std if you wanted, .005"-.007" taper, and just back from machine shop where is was cleaned and magnafluxed for cracks. (no cracks) I would sell it if March 20th is close enough for you. The block is in Mesa Arizona.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

I have a 5C20 hipo block with hipo main caps and the vin stamped on block. It's a std bore and will go back std if you wanted, .005"-.007" taper, and just back from machine shop where is was cleaned and magnafluxed for cracks. (no cracks) I would sell it if March 20th is close enough for you. The block is in Mesa Arizona.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

I am sorry, but .005-.007 taper will not go back std. Not to step on anyone's toes here, but if your machine shop says it will run Std. then I would find another machine shop to use. That kind of taper will break rings in short order.

• Actually I mis-spoke as the mid March is much better and really closer than an April. Although I prefer a std. bore block I'm not off on the idea having to bore .030 (done it before), but I have what I was told (I have to confirm with my machinist) a std. bore block. The gentleman I got it from has been doing HIPOs for decades and so I trust his word until I can get it checked. If it is a std. bore block then I might be open to swapping if compensation for the difference in the blocks becomes evident. Give me a call 703-743-9520 and let's talk.

• I apologize to wcampbell, I'm not trying to highjack your tread.

BMaloof, I called the maching shop today to double check the .005-.007 taper, because it is a rare hipo block it's better leave it standard and bore it as few times as possible. They build $20,000+ race motors all day long with that much clearance, so I trust them. Just make sure the motor is warmed up to operating temperature before you rev it to 7000 RPM!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!