• Not enough information to ascertain if that is an original radiator or not, nor which plant it might have been used at. That is a manual transmission radiator though. There is no difference in a hipo radiator and any other V8 Mustang radiator, the seller is hoping to raise the price by claiming it is a hipo radiator.

• This was in the Q&A

Hi, need part # and date code on the top of tank or side rail ? Let me know, ###### Apr-01-08

A: Great question, I did not see the numbers at first. They are located on one of the side rails. It has DEP C4ZE 8005 G1 5EB. Hope this helps and good luck!

• I am wondering what sort of an original looking radiator WITHOUT provisions for cooler lines I can come up with if I'm not concerned about an original HIPO radiator??

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

I am wondering what sort of an original looking radiator WITHOUT provisions for cooler lines I can come up with if I'm not concerned about an original HIPO radiator??

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Well the "Hipo" radiator your referring to really isn't It's the same on all 289 San Jose Mustangs with 3 or 4 speeds.

As for finding something that kind of looks like the original (no numbers, no dates, no cooler lines) You don't have many choices as most (could be wrong) reproduction/ replacements have the cooler lines. Guess you could "settle" for a Dearborn or NJ radiator and have it gone through

• I wonder why a competent radiator shop couldn't take a high quality brand new radiator that is correct looking cosmeticly and stamp the correct numbers on it??? I inquired yesterday to my local radiator shop that I have delt with for many years and he said he could take the provisions for the auto trans cooler lines out and make the bottom tank look like they were never there, so I am now wondering if the correct stamps can be had to make a correct reproduction (Clone-I hate the word clone) radiator??

• Doubt if anyone in the radiator business would really care or take the time to stamp a radiator as no one cares enough about this stuff but us!

• The San Jose' radiators were stamped from the

back which would mean that the top tank would

have to be removed first and then reinstalled.

/Bo

• If I am understanding correctly then the Dearborn cars were not stamped on top tanks but had a separate tag soldered to the tank bracket as indicated by the fact NPD offers reproduction tags in their catalog and indicates that they were mostly used on Dearborn cars, which BTW mine is.

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

If I am understanding correctly then the Dearborn cars were not stamped on top tanks but had a separate tag soldered to the tank bracket as indicated by the fact NPD offers reproduction tags in their catalog and indicates that they were mostly used on Dearborn cars, which BTW mine is.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Many San Jose cars also got the small tag attached to the tank bracket (where it attaches to the top tank) in addition to the top tank stamping

• Jeff, is there any pattern to the soldered tags on SJ cars? It seems rads up until early 66 production had the W-MO, date code, part#, and another code (Y2, G2, Z2) stamped in the top tank but later 66 rads just have the W-MO and date code stamps. Should it be those later rads that have the soldered tags and if so should they all have them or was it a random thing?

Thanks,

Dave

Dave
    6S1757

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!