• Anyone have an original PCV valve for a 65 they want to part with? I have an NOS AC valve with the threaded end. I don't think it's correct for an early 65 though.

Thanks

Bill

• I think Bill is referring to the hex base valve with a non-threaded hose connection. These are very hard to come by. One OE supplier was AC, I don't remember the other, but both are stamped with a C5AE engineering number. The threaded C4 valve is much more common and will work since once the hose is connected you can't tell the difference.

Dave
    6S1757

• The car was built in December, 1964. It has the brass elbow with the PCV valve screwed in. Not original as the intake, carb and distributor were stolen in 1978. Everything replaced with proper date coded stuff, only thing left are a few small, impossible to find items like the correct PCV valve and a throttle return spring.

Thanks

Bill

• If you check in Bob Mannel's book you will see a well detailed photo of the various valves Ford was supplying. I found mine in the wrecking yard on a 64 F series pick up with a 390.

Edited by - round2K on 12/05/2007 07:49:52

• I found my original C5AE PCV valve in my old tool box.

Must have got it with me when I moved from Sweden more

than 20 years ago. The spring didn't move inside so I

put it in a solvent bath for a couple of days and that

did the trick. Wish I could do the same to myself

and unfreeze stiff joints.

/Bo

• The nice thing about those original C5AE valves (C4 as well) is you can take them apart and service them, they are held together with a spring clip. I found an old dirty used one on ebay for a few bucks two years ago, disassembled it, and sent the housing in with a bunch of other stuff to be zinc plated. Looks better than NOS now.

Dave
    6S1757

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

I found my original C5AE PCV valve in my old tool box....

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Hi Bo, out of curiosity is your original valve the AC type or other style? I've seen Mark's original from 5S284 and it's an AC type. Thanks, Dave

Dave
    6S1757

• Getting back to my origial question, does anyone have one they want to part with? My NOS Threaded AC unit is available. I also could use a chrome oil cap stamped FoMoCo with the vent hose fitting that goes to the air cleaner. Anyone know anything about the Re-Po's that Branda sells? Most likely have to settle for one of those.

Thanks

Bill

• Bill, I've only seen pictures of the oval script Scott Drake oil caps, I assume this is the one Branda sells as I believe Drake is the only supplier. IMO the script isn't quite right plus the top doesn't have the two spot weld "dimples" originals do. I'd also like to hear opinions from anyone who has actually seen these in person.

RE: the PCV valve, have you tried J.D. Larson at All Classic Motors?

Dave
    6S1757

• Dave,

Just took the valve off and it's marked

C5AE-6A666-B-C.S.CO

Dont' know the significance of the C.S.CO

but it could be the same company that made the

Fan's.

/Bo

• Thanks Bo, The C.S.CO valve is the other supplier I was thinking of. Interesting that yours and Mark's cars have different original valves being so close sequentially but probably just a case of what was grabbed off the parts shelf. Dave.

Dave
    6S1757

• Dave,

Sorry if I did mislead you with calling it original

to my specific car. I am not 100 % sure if I

took it off my 65 and put into my tool box

or if I got it with me from Sweden when I moved

over 20 years ago. Probably the latter. What's the

difference between the AC unit and the C.S.CO unit?

Also, wasn't this a service item that would either be

cleaned or replaced at a specific service interval

by the gas stations/repair shops performing the service,

i.e. how can anybody be absolutely sure it's original to

their respective car if they weren't the original owner?

/Bo

• Hi Bo, I'll post pics of the AC and C.S.CO valves when I get back in town on Sunday. You're right, hard to tell if yours is original but since that type could be serviced it likely is. The production window for the hex base, nipple hose (non-threaded) connection C5AE valve was pretty small which is why they are so hard to find today. If your original was replaced I would strongly suspect it would have been replaced with a later C6AE round base valve which came into production later in 66, all the later types are not servicable. Bob Mannel's book has some great pics of the different styles. I also have a weird valve with the corrrect C5AZ Ford part# that has a C7AE engineering number. Not sure what's up with that since AFAIK the C5 valve was superceeded by the C6 valve. Dave

PS. Bill, you might also try Jim Cowles for an original valve. He bought a large lot of these last year on ebay. Don't remember if they were used or NOS.

Dave
    6S1757

• Thanks Dave,

Yes, the one to the right looks like mine

including the notches on the hex edges.

The one pictured in Bob Mannel's book is the

AC type to the left in your picture.

In my shop manual from 1965, they recommend the

PCV valve to be replaced at the recommended interval

and not to attempt to clean it. In my Swedish owners manual

they recommend it to be cleaned at every 10000Km.

/Bo

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!