My 66 K Fastback Daily Driver

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Great looking K car. Is that nightmist blue?

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

Looks like Guardsman Blue, but that's probably the shadows.

RP

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

Here is my work horse.... Driven everyday... about 16K per year.... I am on my 2nd engine too. I thought that you would like to see it...Enjoy!!

[Blocked Image: http://i20.tinypic.com/xaq7pt.jpg]

Great looking Kar! I'm impressed (and jealous) you drive her daily. With the way values have taken off, scarcity, crazy drivers, etc. I'm just too chicken to drive mine any more than on the weekends. Kevin

Edited by - 64jmb on 10/14/2007 16:53:59

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

• Hey Guys... Thanks for the great comments... it is an orig nightmist blue car but was repainted before me a bit lighter... very similar to guardsman blue or saphire blue for sure....

• Yea I hear ya for sure I had one totalled already one time... but it was not a K car... it was a great looking 65 red fastback...this is my first K car and had it for 3 years... just keeps going...... allot of thumbs up for sure..

Edited by - 64jmb on 10/15/2007 15:42:49

• Hello...

Yes.. those a shoulder harness belts.. I had them installed quite some time ago because my last 65 fastback before this one was totalled and I had lap belts ... way too scary... I did several mods to this car. Head rests, shoulder harness belts, split res. on my factory disc brakes master cly, and a racing fuel cell... In my last car I was hit by a red light runner partial driver broadside about 35 to 40 mph and walked away! The lord was watching me for sure...

These belts can be removed... I do not know all the mods that were made to install them, but Mustang Service Center here in Glendale, AZ installed them. I do know that one is on the floor in the back pan and one it just above the door. I am sure they had to drill holes to install them but they work great for sure...

Saftey counts in these cars I have had allot of them and not I do the stuff you could now, you could not do in the years past...18,000 miles a year it was well worth it for sure!! Especially for my family that rides in it!

Edited by - 64jmb on 10/18/2007 07:39:30

Edited by - 64jmb on 10/18/2007 07:40:41

• How well does your fuel gauge work w/ your fuel cell? I have a Fuel Safe cell in my non-GT '65 and followed their gauge wiring modification procedure. Gauge has never been quite right.

Steve

• Hey Steve... The same here... it really has never been reading 100% correct and my sending unit just went out... it only lasted about 2 years and went bad and the mfg does not cooperate very well either as far as helping in the matter... so I had to order a new one we will see if it works ok.. I will let you know they are replacing it in about a week or so....

Thanks,

Joey

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!