K code Clutch Assembly

• I had my original unit rebuilt by Arizona Brake & Clutch. They offered me the option of an exchange unit, but I declined because I wanted to keep the original core. You could try them for an original style set up and pay the core charge. They also supplied an original USA manufactured BCA throwout bearing.

602-256-7966

• Thanks for all the help. On an original clutch how heavy is the clutch pedal to disengage? Reason I ask is mine is very very stiff and at my age I need something a little easier to push.

Thanks,

Gary

• I bought a diaphram clutch from John's Mustangs in Houston. It is a very light pedal and a very smooth clutch. Designed for cruisers, not performance driving. I like it a lot - no chatter and extremely smooth. I would probably go with a centerforce if I wanted to run it hard.

• Just for future reference, cchesley, you could have gotten that same clutch from O'Reilly's for about 30 bucks less than John charges. John does that with a lot of stuff.Things like motor mounts, tune-up stuff (points, condensors,rotors),gaskets, suspension parts,etc.. he buys at wholesale from auto parts stores or Tommy Vaughn Ford and marks it up to about 20% over retail. John and I go back a pretty good way.If you go to John's because you also live in the Houston area, there is a place in Katy called Mustang Mania that also sells new and used mustang parts.The difference is that the guy that owns the place, Russell Suggs, is an extremely honest man, and the people that he has working for him actually know a little something about vintage mustangs, as in what part goes where, what it is you actually need and sometimes even some good suggestions on how to go about fixing what ails your car. You don't have to go in there with the same attitude that one would that found himself far behind enemy lines, like at John's. You would not believe some of the stuff that I've had John look me right in the eye and tell me with a straight face.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!