65 K code Fastback

• I have a running K-code 65 Fastback. Caspian Blue, blue standard, non GT. original door tag, clear vin on fender aprons. I'm pretty sure the entire motor is wrong for the car. It has the big balancer, but I have not dropped the pan. The car is complete but rough / usual rust issues. Floorpans, qtrs, trunk floor, rear rails, etc...

I would take $8,500 FIRM. I would repair all the rust on the car for $12,500. I could have it done in 30 days. I plan to list it for sale soon, but figured I would list it here first.

Email me directly at chrismstage@yahoo.com

• I'm thinning down on my project cars so I can build a bigger shop:
    <hr class="bbcode_rule" />

65 Mustang Fastback K-code non GT It doesn have correct 9inch rear but I do not believe any of the drivetrain is original. It does have a big balancer, so it might have correct short block ? I just don't know at this point. I will try to drop the oil this weekend. The car will run and drive with a good battery and a jug of gas... but the car does need complete restoration, including rust repairs to floorpans, trunk floor, rear rails, etc.. I would take $8,500 for the car as is OR I would be willing to repair the rust ( parts and labor ) for $12,500 I would want 1/2 down and the other 1/2 upon completion of work in 30 days.

Click here for pictures: 2 pages

http://community.webshots.com/album/57724313…security=GRpNqy

Just let me know if this interest you ? Chris

• Actually, I have a twin to this car, except black interior. The other car is rougher but has all the original drivetrain, so I figure I don't need both and would restore the other one.

1. What is an Arvinode exhaust K code ?

2. What is the earliest know factory GT ?

thanks, Chris

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

1. What is an Arvinode exhaust K code ?

thanks, Chris

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

you may want to type 'Arvinode' into YOUTUBE too!

Edit that. You must check it out.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited by - 289kford on 04/29/2010 10:13:18

• Wow, just when you think you know everything about these cars... very interesting. both of my 65's have this exhaust system. Hope to have time to check out the engine on this K-code this weekend.

I tried registering my K-code cars on this site a few times, and never had any success... Any ideas ? Thx, Chris

• <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

I tried registering my K-code cars on this site a few times, and never had any success... Any ideas ? Thx, Chris

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana" size=2 id=quote>

The ability to add cars to the Registry online has not been functioning since the site switched servers a while ago...READ MORE HERE

• Update: I pulled the starter tonight casting # C5AE-6016E date 5A5 beside casting. The date stamp up front 5A8A Has the wrong heads w/ 3A4 date on them.

The entire short block is correct and original to the car ! Big balancer, hatchet, large main caps and rods / bolts. Also, the entire long block looks freshly machined... It looks old on the outside and new on the inside, go figure.

I spoke with a local restoration shop this past weekend and he is bringing someone to look it over...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!